Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

What I Did on My Summer Vacation!

This is just a quick entry to explain the long dry spell of stories.

I took a trip to visit my mom in Florida. She is the granddaughter of Abraham Schmidt and Henry H. Thesman. I also visited my uncle who is her brother.

I came home with a multitude of stories, videos, pictures and documents. They will be included in the next entry as soon as I can get them scanned. No, I won't wait till I scan all of them to put a few in.

Some of the videos are already public. Raymond told me stories as I videotaped. I uploaded them on youtube and posted them on facebook.

They are about Henry H. Thesman and his wife Sarah Jantzen coming to live at 1101 N. Grand.
Another is about a regular family Sunday with all relatives - Schmidts, Thesmans, Voths, Regiers - and racing.

He talked about "grebbins and ruggebrot" (don't ask me how to spell those)

And 3 of the stories were about the harvests during the summers of the early 1930's. One starts with a picture of the threshing machine - the precursor of the combine.
The next continues with bringing in the sheaves.
And the third talks about the coming of the combine.

When you click on any of the colored phrases or sentences your computer will take you to another website. You do not have to sign-up, pay money or have an account with youtube to use it.

I am sure you will enjoy what a great storyteller Raymond is at the age of 91.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome positive comments, information and help to further this blog. This is not just my story. It is OUR story.